Ensuring strict compliance to referencing style required by journals and academic institutions and formatting your text and reference lists can be tedious and time consuming. Fortunately, now there are different reference management tools available and can help you doing this task. EndNote, Papers, Mendeley and Zotero are the most known programs. Mendeley and Zotero are free and allows you to collect various types of files for citing. EndNote and Papers are also reference managers but these must be purchased. Mendeley will not only assist with reference management but collaborations and job searches.
The course will provide participants the opportunity to understand different citation and referencing styles and the use of Mendeley Reference Manager Software.
The purpose of this course is to be step-by-step guide to build the participants’ capacity in research with special emphasis on the internet search and efficient use of citation and referencing software. The course will follow the self-paced mode with peer-to-peer discussion and minimal engagement from the facilitators.
Dr. Abdelrahim Mutwakel Gaffar Ballal
MB.BS, SBCM, MHPE, MSc Health Informatics
Public Health and Informatics Consultant
Director, Leadership Development
Powersim Solutions Inc., USA
President, AHI, USA
By the end of this course, learners shall be able to:
• Discuss different types of referencing styles.
• Build skills in citation and referencing.
• Use Mendeley free reference manager.
• Select the appropriate referencing style for a manuscript.
The target audience for this course are:
• Undergraduate and postgraduate Students.
• Physicians, Dentists, Nurses, Pharmacists and Allied Health Professions.
• Researchers from all disciplines.
• Public health practitioners.
All Copyrights Reserved © AHI - Avicenna Health Institute 2023